[![Linux Build Status](https://img.shields.io/travis/jekyll/jekyll/master.svg?label=Linux%20build)][travis]
[![Windows Build status](https://img.shields.io/appveyor/ci/jekyll/jekyll/master.svg?label=Windows%20build)][appveyor]
[![Backers on Open Collective](https://opencollective.com/jekyll/backers/badge.svg)](#backers)
[![Sponsors on Open Collective](https://opencollective.com/jekyll/sponsors/badge.svg)](#sponsors)
Jekyll is a simple, blog-aware, static site generator perfect for personal, project, or organization sites. Think of it like a file-based CMS, without all the complexity. Jekyll takes your content, renders Markdown and Liquid templates, and spits out a complete, static website ready to be served by Apache, Nginx or another web server. Jekyll is the engine behind [GitHub Pages](https://pages.github.com), which you can use to host sites right from your GitHub repositories.
Jekyll does what you tell it to do — no more, no less. It doesn't try to outsmart users by making bold assumptions, nor does it burden them with needless complexity and configuration. Put simply, Jekyll gets out of your way and allows you to concentrate on what truly matters: your content.
## Getting Started
* [Install](https://jekyllrb.com/docs/installation/) the gem
* Read up about its [Usage](https://jekyllrb.com/docs/usage/) and [Configuration](https://jekyllrb.com/docs/configuration/)
* Take a gander at some existing [Sites](https://github.com/jekyll/jekyll/wiki/sites)
* [Fork](https://github.com/jekyll/jekyll/fork) and [Contribute](https://jekyllrb.com/docs/contributing/) your own modifications
* Have questions? Check out our official forum community [Jekyll Talk](https://talk.jekyllrb.com/) or [`#jekyll` on irc.freenode.net](https://botbot.me/freenode/jekyll/)
## Diving In
* [Migrate](http://import.jekyllrb.com/docs/home/) from your previous system
* Learn how [Front Matter](https://jekyllrb.com/docs/front-matter/) works
* Put information on your site with [Variables](https://jekyllrb.com/docs/variables/)
* Customize the [Permalinks](https://jekyllrb.com/docs/permalinks/) your posts are generated with
* Use the built-in [Liquid Extensions](https://jekyllrb.com/docs/templates/) to make your life easier
* Use custom [Plugins](https://jekyllrb.com/docs/plugins/) to generate content specific to your site
* Watch [video tutorials from Giraffe Academy](https://jekyllrb.com/tutorials/video-walkthroughs/)
## Need help?
If you don't find the answer to your problem in our [docs](https://jekyllrb.com/docs/), or in the [troubleshooting section](https://jekyllrb.com/docs/troubleshooting/), ask the [community](https://jekyllrb.com/docs/community/) for help.
## Code of Conduct
In order to have a more open and welcoming community, Jekyll adheres to a
[code of conduct](CODE_OF_CONDUCT.markdown) adapted from the Ruby on Rails code of
Please adhere to this code of conduct in any interactions you have in the
Jekyll community. It is strictly enforced on all official Jekyll
repositories, websites, and resources. If you encounter someone violating
these terms, please let one of our [core team members](https://jekyllrb.com/team/#core-team) know and we will address it as soon as possible.
Support this project by becoming a sponsor. Your logo will show up in this README with a link to your website. [Become a sponsor!](https://opencollective.com/jekyll#sponsor)
<a href="https://opencollective.com/jekyll/sponsor/0/website" target="_blank"><img src="https://opencollective.com/jekyll/sponsor/0/avatar.svg" /></a>
<a href="https://opencollective.com/jekyll/sponsor/1/website" target="_blank"><img src="https://opencollective.com/jekyll/sponsor/1/avatar.svg" /></a>
<a href="https://opencollective.com/jekyll/sponsor/2/website" target="_blank"><img src="https://opencollective.com/jekyll/sponsor/2/avatar.svg" /></a>
<a href="https://opencollective.com/jekyll/sponsor/3/website" target="_blank"><img src="https://opencollective.com/jekyll/sponsor/3/avatar.svg" /></a>
<a href="https://opencollective.com/jekyll/sponsor/4/website" target="_blank"><img src="https://opencollective.com/jekyll/sponsor/4/avatar.svg" /></a>
<a href="https://opencollective.com/jekyll/sponsor/5/website" target="_blank"><img src="https://opencollective.com/jekyll/sponsor/5/avatar.svg" /></a>
<a href="https://opencollective.com/jekyll/sponsor/6/website" target="_blank"><img src="https://opencollective.com/jekyll/sponsor/6/avatar.svg" /></a>
<a href="https://opencollective.com/jekyll/sponsor/7/website" target="_blank"><img src="https://opencollective.com/jekyll/sponsor/7/avatar.svg" /></a>
<a href="https://opencollective.com/jekyll/sponsor/8/website" target="_blank"><img src="https://opencollective.com/jekyll/sponsor/8/avatar.svg" /></a>
<a href="https://opencollective.com/jekyll/sponsor/9/website" target="_blank"><img src="https://opencollective.com/jekyll/sponsor/9/avatar.svg" /></a>
This project exists thanks to all the people who contribute.
<a href="../../graphs/contributors"><img src="https://opencollective.com/jekyll/contributors.svg?width=890&button=false" /></a>
Thank you to all our backers! 🙏 [Become a backer](https://opencollective.com/jekyll#backer)
<a href="https://opencollective.com/jekyll#backers" target="_blank"><img src="https://opencollective.com/jekyll/backers.svg?width=890" /></a>
See the [LICENSE](https://github.com/jekyll/jekyll/blob/master/LICENSE) file.